English ∙ Self-paced ( 2 hr 55 mins )
About the Course
In 2016, Standard & Poor (S&P) found that only 25% of Filipino adults are financially literate, with over 75 million having no idea about insurance, inflation, and even the mere idea of savings accounts.1 Citing the study conducted by World Bank in 2015, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas said, Filipino adults could correctly answer only 3 out of 7 financial literacy-related questions about basic numeracy, computing compounding interest, fundamentals of inflation, and investment diversification — only 2% of Filipino adults answered all questions correctly.2
1 Go, Vernon. 2021. “State Of Financial Education In The Philippines”. Philstar.com. https://www.philstar.com/the-freeman/cebu-business/2017/08/21/1731331/state-financial-education-philippines.
2 “Boosting Filipinos’ Financial Literacy, One Program At A Time”. 2019. Businessworld. https://www.bworldonline.com/boosting-filipinos-financial-literacy-one-program-at-a-time.
- To introduce world of personal finance
- To provide an overview of how personal financing can assist us in improving our lives.
- To discuss cash and credit management, risk management, and wealth accumulation to expand the financial literacy of Filipinos.
- Basic concepts and foundations
- Some technical and computation
Individuals that are eager to know more about personal finance.
- Completion of recorded webinar + quiz + activity
- Pass the item multiple choice with 100% mark
- Comment your feedback to the main page of the course