There are a lot of similarities between lessons & topics, but there are a few important distinctions. If you find yourself unsure about the difference between lessons vs. topics, let’s clear things up.
- Lessons are listed above topics in the course hierarchy
- You can have a course with only lessons, but you cannot have a course with only topics. Topics can only be added beneath lessons.
- You can offer sample lessons, but not sample topics
- You can only drip-feed & schedule lessons for a later date. There are no direct scheduling options for topics.
- However, topics do inherit the schedule of their parent lesson. If a lesson is scheduled for January 1, 2020, all the associated topics will be released on January 1 as well.
Sections are very different from lessons & topics. To learn more, see our article explaining course sections.
Here’s a visual overview of lessons & topics compared.
Text, images, video, links, PDFs, slides & more
|Force Minimum Required Time||✅||✅|
|Schedule for Future Access
Topics inherit the parent lesson’s schedule